Creative Play is seeking talented persons to join our rapidly evolving, growing team! Creative Play is proud to be a locally owned and operated party rental company in Knoxville, Tennessee. We support a culture of inclusiveness and diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.
PARTY RENTAL DRIVER / INSTALLER
ABOUT CREATIVE PLAY RENTALS:
Creative Play Rentals is a team of professionals providing party rental equipment for weddings, events, private parties, corporate parties, non-profit organizations, and all kinds of other events, large or small. This individual must be able to commit to working all scheduled shifts through our busy season, including some odd days/hours. This is a full-time position with growth opportunities.
We are seeking a motivated, organized, hardworking, and reliable individual to carry out various tasks. This associate is responsible for the accurate prepping, counting, cleaning, and restocking of rental inventory to ensure client orders are fulfilled. If you are interested in working in the wedding and event industry and can work effectively without close supervision, apply to join our team!
JOB SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience in warehousing, the hospitality industry, and/or delivery driver experience is not required but is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have reliable transportation
- Flexible schedule. Must be able to work some weekends.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to handle physical workload, lift, carry and load heavy items
- Proficient using and operating equipment and machines
- Basic math skills
- Time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Strong work ethic with minimal supervision
- Desire to work independently and as part of a team
- Friendly demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Show respect for policies and procedures
- Follow directions provided by your supervisor and manager
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to communicate effectively
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for handling fulfillment of all rental orders
- Responsible for coordinating and prioritizing weekly schedule of rentals
- Prepping, counting, loading, and arranging outbound rental inventory
- Driving and delivering rental inventory
- Setup and breakdown of rental inventory
- Receiving, unloading and checking in-bound rental inventory
- Inspecting, cleaning, storing, and organizing rental inventory
- Loading and unloading rental orders from vehicles
- Physical ability to work in the warehouse for an extended period
- Cross training and working in various areas of the facility
- Ability to perform tasks well under pressure, maintain accuracy of rental orders and meet deadlines
- Work cooperatively and communicate in a positive manner with the manager and customers
- Follow company procedures; ensure safe work environment
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and organized work environment by keeping workstation, shelves, and warehouse neat; sweep, dust, and mop
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to climb and/or balance steps and ladders
- Frequently standing and moving about on foot to accomplish tasks
- Reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently
- Ability to regularly lift, reach, carry, push and/or move objects.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Ability to learn proper inventory fulfilling procedures, and safe operating techniques of commercial equipment including delivery truck and forklift.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
High school Diploma or GED. Associate Degree and/or one-year related experience preferred.
$13 / HOUR
APPLY IN PERSON:
Creative Play Rentals
1701 Whittle Springs Rd.
Knoxville, TN 37917
Mondays - Fridays from 10am to 4pm
SEND RESUME TO:
Please ensure you meet all criteria before applying for this position. Please submit resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.